Pastor Gregory Dickow shares from his series, “Fast From Wrong Thinking.”
This goes perfectly with our “Wealth Stored for the Righteous” series, and incorporates so many of the points we have made over the past few months, including the great statement that “It’s not what surrounds you, but it’s what’s inside you that causes success.”
I have featured lessons from Pastor Dickow in the past, and I strongly encourage you to subscribe to his “Fast From Wrong Thinking” series, as a great way to begin your day as a Bible study. I’ll include a direct link at the end:
|Today we are fasting from the thought that says, “I could succeed if I had the right surroundings, the right people, or the right breaks.”
“If I just moved to a different city or had a better boss, or if someone gave me a chance, I would prosper,” they think. This way of thinking leads to blaming circumstances and other people for why things don’t get better.
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. It’s not what surrounds you, but it’s what’s inside you that causes success. 2 Corinthians 4:16 says, “Therefore, we do not lose heart. For though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.” Notice, Paul is saying that even when things go the opposite direction on the outside, something good can be happening on the inside. And what does God say we should do on the inside? Be renewed day by day. Be filled with the Word day by day—AND THE INSIDE WILL OVERTAKE THE OUTSIDE!
2. Success or failure is created by how you think. Never forget our foundational verse, which is in Proverbs 23:7. “As a man thinks, so is he.” And Joshua 1:8 says, “. . . but you shall meditate on the Word of God day and night . . . and then you shall have good success.”
3. Understand the source of blessing. Psalm 1:1–3 says, “Blessed is the man that . . . meditates on the Word day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, whose leaf does not wither, who bears fruit in his season, and whatever he does, prospers!”
4. The root to true success is a prosperous soul. 3 John 2 says, “Beloved, I wish above all things that you would prosper and be in health, EVEN AS your soul prospers.”
5. Remember Joseph, who was thrown into a pit by his brothers and sold into slavery. Genesis 39:2 says, “But the Lord was with Joseph, and so he became a successful man.” Notice: Even though his surroundings were terrible, JOSEPH STILL BECAME A SUCCESSFUL MAN. He had a bad home environment and bad breaks, and he was surrounded by bad people, and yet still succeeded, BECAUSE GOD WAS WITH HIM.
6. We affect our surroundings and create our breaks by the thoughts we think and the choices we make. Deuteronomy 30:15, 19 says, “I have set before you life and prosperity, or death and adversity . . . Choose life!”
THINK IT AND SAY IT
It’s not what surrounds me that determines my success; it’s what’s inside me.
My success is created by how I think. I agree with God’s thoughts and meditate on God’s Word, day and night. Success follows me. I prosper in my soul. I fill my mind with the richness of God’s Word, and therefore it spills over into every area of my life.
I AM A SUCCESSFUL AND PROSPEROUS MAN OR WOMAN, because God is with me, in Jesus’ Name!
|In God’s great love,
Gregory Dickow Click here to receive the “Fast From Wrong Thinking” Series http://www.fastfromwrongthinking.com/