I have been enjoying Pastor Gregory Dickow’s latest “Fast From Wrong Thinking” series, which is a series of individual Bible studies to help change the way we think, and the way we “view things.”
His first series was a “40 Day Fast From Wrong Thinking,” and, so far, this latest series is on “Day 95.” It has helped me a lot, and I have used this as part of my daily Bible study since its start. Really Good!
So, if it helps and blesses me, then I trust it will do the same for you.
I wanted to share this particular “day” with you, as it seems to go so well with our own short series, “Wealth Stored for the Righteous.” Basically, to be thankful for what you ALREADY HAVE!!!
At the end, I put a direct link, if you’d like to sign up. I love the way the study moves through, and includes promises and verses, from all over the Bible … so, it’s a great way to start the day …
1. Put first things first. God’s will is His Word. (Testament means will.) It’s not a mystery. If you left a will for your loved ones, it would focus on what you are doing for them, rather than what they need to do for you. FOCUS ON WHAT GOD HAS DONE. Read the will or the testament, as if it were listing what NOW belongs to you, since Jesus died and rose again (Hebrews 9:14–20.)
2. The will of God begins with a state of being, not a state of doing. Our focus should be on what God said we ARE and what God said we HAVE. Then that will produce what God wants us to DO. When you know you ARE what God says you are, and you HAVE what God says you have, then you will DO the will of God. The right decisions will be the by-product of the right thinking.
3. As you fill your heart up with the Word of God, He will lead you safely into His will! Psalm 119:9–11 says, “I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not SIN against Thee.” Sin = missing the mark. You won’t MISS the will, or the mark, when you hide the Word in your heart!
4. The “will” of God is activated in our life through the giving of thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks, for this is the WILL OF GOD for you, in Christ Jesus.” Notice, He doesn’t say, “Give thanks FOR everything,” but rather, “give thanks IN everything.” No matter what you are facing right now, the will of God is to give thanks IN the midst of it.
5. The will of God is bigger and broader than most people think. At a large airport, there are several runways that a plane can safely land on. Get rid of the mind-set that there’s only one runway, and you might miss it and crash! There are several runways in the will of God, and therefore many options that are equally acceptable to God, based on His Word.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I am not going to miss God’s will for my life! His Word is His will, and I accept and embrace His Word as the cornerstone of my life.
I AM what God’s Word says I am, and I HAVE what God’s Word says I have. He will keep me in His Will, as I keep His Word in my heart.
I choose a life of thanks and praise, which puts me in the middle of God’s will AND brings God’s will into the middle of my situation, in Jesus’ Name!
Here’s a direct link to Gregory Dickow’s online ministry, and the “Fast From Wrong Thinking” Series:
What happens is this: If you sign up for the series, you will get an individual study for each day, to “attack/change” a certain mind-set. One of the things I like is that I get the series, and nothing more … when I view “today’s” lesson, it has the lesson only … and not a group of links … Please allow this study to help you!
Fast From Wrong Thinking Bible Study Series